Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Friday 5th February 2016 with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
There are 5 race meetings today:
- Catterick where the going is Good-Soft and there are 7 races starting at 1:20pm to 4:30pm
- Chepstow where the going is Heavy and there are 7 races starting at 1:40pm to 4:50pm
- Lingfield where the going is Standard and there are 6 races starting at 2:00pm to 4:40pm
- Wolverhampton (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 6 races starting at 5:15pm to 7:45pm
- Dundalk (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 8 races starting at 5:30pm to 9:00pm
1-Minute Racing News
- Figures published by the BHA show that average race field sizes increased slightly in 2015 from 8.66 to 8.77 (not sure this accounts for the usual non-runner in 8 runner fields that we see way to often.)
- Irish racing are on the verge of introducing lifetime bans for horses found to have been given prohibitive substances
- A lucky punter went through the card at Clonmel winning £63K from an accumulator bet they placed with Sky Bet
Our new shrewd trainer feature (gold star next to trainer's name) found a 66/1 winner at Chelmsford yesterday.
Our win value bet, Informationisking, won at 4/1 and we were unlucky with our each way bets when Unique de Cotte was badly hampered by a faller in the straight when looking the likely winner at 10/1. Our other runner in the race placed second. We landed 4/4 lay bets and 5/8 back bets. Both our NAP and NB tips lost
Win Value Bet Results
Towcester 4.25 Informationisking 1st 4/1 SP (Recommended at 11/4) won by 1.75 lengths - mid-division on outside, closed 11f out, challenged over 2f out, led over 1f out, son edged right, stayed on well
Each Way Value Bet Results
Placed Wincanton 3.40 Quite By Chance 2nd 4/1SP (Recommended at 5/1) beaten by 0.75 lengths - held up mid-division, ridden and headway before 3 out, soon left 2nd, kept on and held towards finish
Wincanton 3.40 Unique De Cotte 4th 10/1 (Recommended at 8/1) beaten by 13.25 lengths - held up mid-division, headway after 4 out, every chance and going well when badly hampered 3 out, not recover, one pace
Win Value Bets
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Chepstow 3.50 Ayalor 4/1 A £10 Win Accumulator Returns £360 if all selections win at this morning's best prices