Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Monday 8th February 2016 with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
There are 3 race meetings today:
- Musselburgh where the going is Soft-good to soft in places and there are 7 races starting at 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Fakenham where the going is Soft-good to soft in places on chase course and there are 6 races starting at 1:45pm to 4:20pm
- Wolverhampton (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:10pm
1-Minute Racing News
- Nicky Henderson is to check the breathing of Champion Hurdle hopeful Peace and Co after a disappointing run at the weekend
- A flash flood hit Champion trainer Paul Nicholls stable at the weekend
- Victoria Pendleton pulled up her mount in her latest attempt at winning a point to point race.
Winning Money With BetTurtle Racecards
We think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
1) The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
2) Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds In certain types of races.
3) In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
4) Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
5) Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
6) Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
7) Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com
Puzzle Of The Day
A new feature where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @betturtle
A day of hitting the post again with some good winners and lots of placed horses on the website. Unfortunately both our NAP and NB tips lost. Our Win Value bet had a fatal fall when still in contention, but our each way value bet managed a place having run well.
Win Value Bet Results
Naas 2.20 Carrigmoorna Rock Fell 9/4 SP (Recommended at 9/4) - raced in 3rd, closer order approaching straight, pushed along briefly to improve between horses before 2 out where fell
Each Way Value Bet Results
Musselburgh 3.00 Cardinal Walter 3rd 11/2 SP (Recommended at 11/2) beaten by 2.75 lengths - mid-division, headway approaching 2 out, challenged 2 out, soon led, headed after last, no impression on winner flat, lost 2nd towards finish
Win Value Bets
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Each Way Value Bets of the Day
Our each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
No Bet Today
Back or Lay Tips
We review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
BACK Fakenham 1:45 Vent Nivernais (FR) 15/8 View BetTurtle Racecard
May not be the most resolute of finishers, but travelled like the winner for most of the way over 20 furlongs at this course last time before running out of steam. This drop back to 2 miles looks ideal and should go close if putting it in at the end.
BACK Fakenham 2:50 Halo Moon 4/6 View BetTurtle Racecard
Course and distance winner who has won last two races and looks progressive. Can deliver the hatrick today.
BACK Wolverhampton (A.W) 3:40 Mindurownbusiness (IRE) 4/7 View BetTurtle Racecard
This drop back to 1 miles should suit and looks the class act in this race.
LAY Wolverhampton (A.W) 4:10 Binky Blue (IRE) 15/8 View BetTurtle Racecard
In form, but carries plenty of weight as a result. With a lack of pace the race could be tactically run which may not suit.
BACK Fakenham 4:20 Navanman (IRE) 4/6 View BetTurtle Racecard
Won well at Towcester last time and carries a 7lb penalty. Steps up another 2 furlongs today and should take this if in the same form.
Aiming For Gold
A new section where we recommend some multiple bets for those that want to take a little more risk to try and win big.
Fakenham 1:45 Vent Nivernais (FR) 15/8 View BetTurtle Racecard
Musselburgh 2.30 Mumgos Debut 11/4 View BetTurtle Racecard
Wolverhampton 4.40 Seychelloise 3/1 View BetTurtle Racecard
A £10 Win Treble Returns £431 if all selections win at this morning's best prices