Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Sunday 7th February 2016 with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
There are 3 race meetings today:
- Musselburgh where the going is Good-good to soft in places and there are 8 races starting at 1:00pm to 4:30pm
- Naas where the going is Soft-soft to heavy in places and there are 7 races starting at 1:50pm to 4:50pm
- Chelmsford (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 6 races starting at 2:10pm to 4:40pm
1-Minute Racing News
- Carlingford Lough won the Irish Gold Cup for the second year in a row
- Cheltenham hopefuls; Ivanovich Gorbatov, Peace and Co and Bellshill all flopped in races yesterday at odds-on prices
- Irish Champion Trainer Willie Mullins landed a 4 timers at Leopardstown yesterday
Winning Money With BetTurtle Racecards
We think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
1) The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
2) Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) backing everyone of them this week each way would have given you a considerable profit.
3) In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
4) Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
5) Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
6) Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
7) Having read the above, see if you can pick the winner in a race. Click Here To Try >>
8) Did you try STEP 7? Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com
We continue in good form and our new shrewd trainer feature (check for gold stars next to a trainer's name on a racecard) continues to show potential having found a 66/1 winner midweek and yesterday had yet more winners including Who's That 12/1, Rivellino 7/1, Sadllers Encore 5/1 and Pinnacle Panda 9/2. We landed 3 from 5 channel 4 bets, 3 from 8 back bets and 3/3 lay bets (11 from 12 in last 4 days) and the website had 10 winners from 29 races. Our NB bet, Arthur's Oak won and our NAP Bitofapuzzle was pulled up and we landed our Lay of The Day.
Win Value Bet Results
Lingfield 1.10 Clement 1st 9/4 SP (Recommended at 2/1) won by 4 lengths - close up, headway on outer to lead 2f out, soon clear, pushed out, comfortable
Lingfield 2.20 Burning Thread 2nd 11/4 SP (Recommended at 3/1) beaten by 2.25 lengths - Close up, ridden and headway entering final furlong, kept on one pace
Each Way Value Bet Results
Leopardstown 3.05 Mighty Concorde 2nd 6/1 SP (Recommended at 7/1) beaten by 3.5 lengths - Mid-division, slightly slow 4th, closed travelling smoothly straight, challenged at last, soon briefly on terms, no impression and one pace from 150yds ou
Win Value Bets
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Naas 2.20 Carrigmoorna Rock 9/4 View BetTurtle Racecard
Has won last two race at the course impressively. Can make it a hatrick today.
Each Way Value Bets of the Day
Our each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
Musselburgh 3.00 Cardinal Walter 11/2 View BetTurtle Racecard
Nicky Henderson runs two in this race and Cardinal Walter returns after a 303 day lay off. It is interesting that he is sent all the way to Musselburgh on handicap debut and could be a handicap blot if fit enough.
Back or Lay Tips
We review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
BACK Naas 1:50 Babbling Stream 2/1 View BetTurtle Racecard
Makes hurdling debut for the Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh partnership and should go close with the stable in excellent form.
BACK Musselburgh 2:00 Tommy Silver (FR) 1/2 View BetTurtle Racecard
2nd to Henderson hot shot Fixe De Kap at Newbury last time and a repeat of that form will suffice in this race.
BACK Chelmsford (A.W) 2:10 Biff Johnson (IRE) 10/11 View BetTurtle Racecard
Won impressively at course on Thursday and hard to see a 6lb penalty stopping him if in the same mood.
LAY Naas 2:20 Gitane Du Berlais (FR) 4/5 View BetTurtle Racecard
Not won in last 6 and takes on an unexposed rival today.
LAY Musselburgh 2:30 Ittirad (USA) 6/4 View BetTurtle Racecard
Won a couple of novice chases and contested a Grade 2 last time. The new trip an unknown and up against an unexposed opponent.
BACK Musselburgh 2:30 Sametegal (FR) 10/11 View BetTurtle Racecard
The Nicholls stable has hinted at a return to form and Sametegal has the potential to improve a great deal as a chaser based on hurdling form.
NB BACK Naas 2:50 Haymount (IRE) 2/1 View BetTurtle Racecard
Been placed second in last 3, surely today is the day for the Mullins/Walsh combo.
BACK Chelmsford (A.W) 3:10 Gracious John (IRE) 4/6 View BetTurtle Racecard
Has won last three and this race looks there for the taking.
BACK Musselburgh 3:30 O O Seven (IRE) 1/1 View BetTurtle Racecard
Looks a match between O O Seven and Fagan. We prefer the proven form of O O Seven at this level who is open to further improvement, especially over this trip.
LAY Musselburgh 3:30 Fagan 6/4 View BetTurtle Racecard
Has lots of potential, but needs to improve to beat O O Seven who may be open to further improvement too over this longer trip.
LAY Naas 3:50 Alisier D'Irlande (FR) 5/4 View BetTurtle Racecard
Fell at Fairyhouse on chasing debut last time and short enough for a horse that needs to prove he can jump a fence.
NAP BACK Chelmsford (A.W) 4:10 Mariee 11/10 View BetTurtle Racecard
Is a typical Mark Johnston improver and should have little trouble winning this.
BACK Chelmsford (A.W) 4:40 Town's History (USA) 1/3 View BetTurtle Racecard
Failed to win in first two starts for Godolphin, but this is considerably easier and should take this.
Aiming For Gold
A new section where we recommend some multiple bets for those that want to take a little more risk to try and win big.
Naas 2.20 Carrigmoorna Rock 9/4 View BetTurtle Racecard
Naas 2:50 Haymount (IRE) 2/1 View BetTurtle Racecard
Chelmsford (A.W) 4:10 Mariee 11/10 View BetTurtle Racecard
A £10 Win Treble Returns £204 if all selections win at this morning's best prices
Musselburgh 2:00 Tommy Silver (FR) 1/2 View BetTurtle Racecard
Chelmsford (A.W) 2:10 Biff Johnson (IRE) 10/11 View BetTurtle Racecard
Musselburgh 2:30 Sametegal (FR) 10/11 View BetTurtle Racecard
Chelmsford (A.W) 3:10 Gracious John (IRE) 4/6 View BetTurtle Racecard
Musselburgh 3:30 O O Seven (IRE) 1/1 View BetTurtle Racecard
Chelmsford (A.W) 4:40 Town's History (USA) 1/3 View BetTurtle Racecard
A £10 Win Accumulator Returns £242 if all selections win at this morning's best prices