Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Saturday 13th February 2016 with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
There are 5 race meetings today:
- Warwick where the going is Heavy-soft in places and there are 7 races starting at 1:00pm to 4:25pm
- Newbury where the going is Soft-heavy in places on hurdle course and there are 7 races starting at 1:20pm to 4:45pm
- Lingfield where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 1:25pm to 4:50pm
- Gowran Park where the going is Heavy and there are 7 races starting at 1:40pm to 5:05pm
- Wolverhampton (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 6:15pm to 9:15pm
We have collated some stats to share with you regarding our tipping performance this month so far. Key conclusions:
- Work harder and improve our NAP and NB strike rate.
- Tweak our selections for Win Value to try and increase the strike rate.
- We should have a few richer followers who have been backing our Short Priced Back, Lay, Website and Channel 4 tips
|Each Way Value (1 win and 4 placed)||5||11||45.45%|
|Short Priced Back||44||70||62.86%|
|Short Priced Lay||20||24||83.33%|
Winning Money With BetTurtle Racecards
We think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
1) The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
2) The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
3) Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
4) In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
5) Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
6) Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
7) Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
8) Provide us feedback by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Puzzle Of The Day
Here's where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection email@example.com or tweet us @betturtle
Some clues to consider: The current favourite in the race is Hollie Point who at this morning's prices is as low as 7/4. The horse has won 1 from 8 on the all weather and has finished close up on last her two starts. She is a hold up horse and she typically needs a good race pace to be seen to good effect. Do you think she will get the pace she needs today? Turtle Hint: Click here for the race card< your thoughts/selection.
We continued in form yesterday with plenty of newsletter and website winners. We also hit the post with our multiples for the second day running with 2/3 on our treble (we did make £40 profit to recommended stakes and odds for the place, but would have won £1300 if the final selection had won rather than finishing 2nd) and 4/5 on our accumulator bets which would have paid £140 to recommended odds and £10 stake.
Win Value Bet Results
Kempton 3.50 Silver Grove 1st 3/1 SP (Recommended at 3/1) won by 2.25 lengths - made all, ridden and asserted before last, stayed on well
Wetherby 4.10 King Of The Wolds 2nd 9/4 SP (Recommended at 7/2) lost by 15 lengths - tracked leaders, went 2nd before 7 out, outpaced before 4 out, ridden before 2 out, chased winner from last, no impression
Each Way Value Bet Results
Kempton 2.05 Always On The Run 1st 7/2 SP (Recommended at 6/1) won by 12 lengths - made all, not fluent 7th, mistake next, driven 1 1/2 lengths ahead when left well clear last
Channel 4 Tips
Newbury 1:50 Betfair Acca Edge Handicap Hurdle (0-145) (2) 4yo+ View BetTurtle Racecard
A tricky race. Lightly raced MILLANISI BOY won a Novice at Chepstow last time with the minimum of fuss and a return to handicap company over a longer trip could bring about more improvement.
Warwick 2:05 OLBG.com Mares' Hurdle (Listed Race) (1) 4yo+ View BetTurtle Racecard
JESSBER'S DREAM finished 2nd in a listed event at Taunton last time and this step up to 23 furlongs could be ideal. Should go close.
Newbury 2:25 Betfair Denman Chase (Grade 2) (1) 5yo+ View BetTurtle Racecard
ROCKY CREEK was badly hampered and pulled up in his last race at Aintree in December, so that run can be ignored. The Paul Nicholls yard has won this race 5 times in last 10 runnings and with the stable getting into it's stride with winners, can go close here.
Warwick 2:40 7bets4free.com Kingmaker Novices' Chase (Grade 2) (1) 5yo+ View BetTurtle Racecard
L'AMI SERGE has made a highly impressive start to Novice Chasing and should take this with ease, given a clear round of jumping for the Nicky Henderson yard.
Newbury 3:00 Betfair Exchange Chase (Registered as The Game Spirit Chase) (Grade 2) (1) 5yo+ View BetTurtle Racecard
DODGING BULLETS won 3 Grade 1 races last season and makes belated return. Stable report he has worked hard for this race and should take all the beating here.
Newbury 3:35 Betfair Hurdle (Handicap) (Grade 3) (1) 4yo+ View BetTurtle Racecard
Whilst Blazer looks the worthy first string of the 5 JP McManus runners, we should remember that the Paul Nicholls trained MODUS has a similar unexposed profile and at twice the price offers much the better value. At a big price Zarib is worth an each way interest having finished 6th in the Fred Winter at Cheltenham last year, has had a couple of quite runs and in first time cheekpieces could show some improvement today for the Dan Skelton yard.
Win Value Bets
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Warwick 3.15 Sir John Henry 9/2 View BetTurtle Racecard
Ran well over a trip short of best last time out at Ffos Las in December. Blinkers are applied for the first time today and steps up in trip, so hopeful of a big run if the blinkers have the desired effect.
Warwick 3.50 Taquin Du Seuil 7/2 A £10 Win Accumulator Returns £296 if all selections win at this morning's best prices