Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Friday 19th February 2016 with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
There are 5 race meetings today:
- Fakenham where the going is Good to soft-soft in places (inspection 7.30am) and there are 7 races starting at 1:30pm to 4:45pm
- Sandown where the going is Chase: soft-good to soft in places; hurdle: heavy-soft in places and there are 7 races starting at 1:40pm to 4:50pm
- Lingfield where the going is Standard and there are 6 races starting at 2:20pm to 5:05pm
- Wolverhampton (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 6 races starting at 5:20pm to 7:50pm
- Dundalk (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 6:05pm to 9:05pm
BetTurtle Features Coming Soon
We have built BetTurtle for you to help you improve your winner finding and form study capabilities. We will involve you every step of the way, as we develop BetTurtle and we will continually share our ideas with you and seek your ideas and feedback.
Based on the feedback we have received already and our own ideas here are the features we plan to work on next. Please mail us your thoughts on these and any other ideas/feedback you have to: email@example.com and we will reply to you with what we can do.
Registration and Logon
We plan to introduce some services later in 2016 that will personalise the BetTurtle experience for you. This will also allow us to move to the subscription based model we have previously communicated. We will make this as painfree as possible and will always provide a range of features for absolutely FREE.
We plan to introduce a range of affordable subscriptions for those of you that only want tipping information and advice, followers that want form study tools and followers that want both. We will always offer a range of features for FREE, but as we add new features and take on more external data feeds and services to improve the capabilities of BetTurtle, we need to start charging a fair amount to recoup costs and provide us a way to feed our baby turtles.
Past Race Results
This will allow you to view past race results including our horse shoe ratings and tips.
At BetTurtle we want to be as transparent as possible with our followers and as part of this we will provide a range of statistics that show our tipping strengths, weaknesses and profitability. We will also be using this information to improve our own tipping performance that you can track over time.
We plan to provide comments, similar to those we produce for the Newsletter tips, for all of our website tips.
Draw and Pace Analyser
We have been working hard on analysing and modelling draw and pace statistics and biases for FLAT racing. We have a new feature in development that will make it easy for you to see favoured horses in races with likely draw and pace biases.
User Interface Improvements
We will be adding a new home page to make it clearer what BetTurtle is about, the subscriptions we offer and quick access to some of our popular content. We will also be tweaking some of the look and feel of our site to make information clearer to read and quicker to access across a range of PC and mobile devices.
Horse Performance Profiles
We are working on some capabilities to show historic, current and predictive future performance profiles for horses. This will help us discover horses that are better than they have shown, spot horses who have peaked and those beginning to decline and take advantage of this information for betting purposes.
Search for trainers, runners and jockeys. We will also provide capabilities to view all of a trainers, jockeys and horse entries, etc.
We will add various stats tables, such as top rated horses, trainers, jockeys, etc.
We plan to add:
- Additional statistics to show handicap ratings over time, best winning rating, lowest winning ratings, etc.
- Collatoral form analysis showing horses that have ran against each other
- Race strength ratings to show races where the form has been franked or races that have had poor subsequent performances
- Ability to sort the tables we have on the site
- Numeric values for our horse shoe ratings
At BetTurtle we will not be slaves to the Bookmakers and helping the punting public is our mission in life. Therefore, you won't see bookmaker ads on our site. However, a number of you have asked if we could find a way to integrate your bookmaker accounts into BetTurtle. So we would like to get a wider opinion on whether this would be something you would like us to include in the future. Mail us with your thoughts: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will make our Newsletter even better improving the content, results and making it a little more professional looking.
Winning Money With BetTurtle Racecards
We think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
1) The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
2) The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
3) Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
4) In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
5) Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
6) Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
7) Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
8) Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com
Puzzle Of The Day
Here's where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @betturtle
A day of seconds with 10 seconds for the website tips and some near misses with our lay and back bets.
Win Value Bet Results
Leicester 3.55 Prideofthecastle 4th 2/1 SP (Recommended at 11/4) beaten by 28.5 lengths - Held up, closed 3rd, ridden and close up before 4 out, 3rd and beaten approaching 3 out, no extra, lost remote 3rd towards finish
Each Way Value Bet Results
No Bet Yesterday
Win Value Bets
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Sandown 1.40 Aston Cantlow 9/4 A £10 Win Accumulator Returns £448 if all selections win at this morning's prices