Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Saturday 20th February 2016 with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
There are 5 race meetings today:
- Ascot where the going is Soft and there are 7 races starting at 1:15pm to 4:45pm
- Lingfield where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 1:25pm to 4:55pm
- Haydock where the going is Heavy and there are 7 races starting at 1:30pm to 5:00pm
- Wincanton where the going is Hurdle: soft-heavy in places; chase: heavy and there are 7 races starting at 1:40pm to 5:05pm
- Fairyhouse where the going is Heavy and there are 7 races starting at 1:45pm to 5:10pm
Winning Money With BetTurtle Racecards
We think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
1) The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
2) The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
3) Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
4) In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
5) Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
6) Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
7) Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
8) Provide us feedback by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Puzzle Of The Day
Here's where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection email@example.com or tweet us @betturtle
Another day of seconds with 9 winners and 11 seconds for the website tips. We landed our NAP and Lay Of The Day.
Win Value Bet Results
Sandown 1.40 Aston Cantlow 3rd 11/2 SP (Recommended at 9/4) beaten by 2 lengths - held up in midfield, headway and effort between last 2, kept on one pace
Sandown 2.10 Legal Exit 4th 7/2 SP (Recommended at 7/2) beaten by 27 lengths - held up, headway to lead after 2nd, headed approaching 3 out, weakened between last 2
Sandown 2.45 Katie Too 2nd 13/8 SP (Recommended at 2/1) beaten by 8 lengths - towards rear, headway 3 out, soon ridden, stayed on to go 2nd last, no impression on winner
Each Way Value Bet Results
Dundalk 8.35 Tansanite 3rd 5/1 SP (Recommended at 13/2) beaten by 3 lengths - rear of mid-division, 10th halfway, ridden and some progress under 2f out, 5th 1f out, under pressure and kept on one pace inside final furlong
Win Value Bets
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Haydock 3.15 Box Office 9/2 View BetTurtle Racecard
It looks significant that Barry Geraghty travels over from Ireland for two rides at Haydock today and this JP McManus owned horse looks his best chance of success. Has looked a winner in waiting in last couple of races and this slight step up in trip can help.
Lingfield 3.45 Nuno Tristan 3/1 A £10 Win Accumulator Returns £428 if all selections win at this morning's prices