WelcomeWelcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Tuesday 8th March with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Exeter where the going is Soft-good to soft in places and there are 6 races starting at 2:00pm to 4:40pm
- Newcastle where the going is Heavy-soft in places and there are 6 races starting at 2:10pm to 4:50pm
- Southwell (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 6 races starting at 2:20pm to 5:00pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Each Way Value Bet Results
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Has been improving each race since being sent chasing and this looks a good opportunity to continue progress.
Lightly raced on the all weather winning last time and second on both other starts. Can continue improvement here.
Has won 3 of previous 5 starts (finished 2nd in other two) and continues to improve. Can go close again.
Each Way Value TipsOur each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
Tom Scudamore and Nigel Hawke have a 25% strike rate when the pair combine and it is interesting that Scudamore was the jockey the last time this lightly raced horse won in March last year. Could be ready to strike following a short break.
Ran poorly at Carlisle last time, but remains lightly raced and worth another try dropped to a 0-110 based on previous form.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Makes hurdling debut and unproven on heavy ground is off putting at such a short price.
Steps up a furlong in trip under a 6lb penalty for course win last time. Needs to improve to win this and worth taking on against a couple of unexposed rivals.
Progressive over hurdles and just missed out in a better class race last time. Dropped in class today and should go well.
Ex-flat horse making handicap debut for Kerry Lee. Has been beaten 20+ lengths in each of last 3 hurdles races and needs to improve considerably.
Has won last 4, but now 41lbs higher since sequence begun and could be found out now forced up in class.
Has won last two races and drops back in trip following a short break. The one to beat, although any weakness in the betting market would be off putting.
Nicky Richards has a 20 strike rate in NHF races and Blakerigg should be supported on the assumption he is supported in the market.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com
Puzzle Of The DayHere's where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @betturtle
Today's Puzzle Race Is Newcastle 3:15View Newcastle 3:15 >>