WelcomeWelcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Tuesday 15th March with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results. Today is Day 1 of the Cheltenham Festival and there are some cracking races live on Channel 4 including the Champion Hurdle.
- Sedgefield where the going is Soft-heavy in places and there are 7 races starting at 1:15pm to 5:00pm
- Cheltenham where the going is Good to soft-soft in places and there are 7 races starting at 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Southwell (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 1:55pm to 5:40pm
- Wolverhampton (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 6:05pm to 9:10pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Each Way Value Bet Results
Channel 4 Racing Tips
ALTIOR has won all 4 hurdles starts for Nicky Henderson and the form has worked out well. Offers a bit of value against likely favourite Min from the Willie Mullins yard.
DOUVAN undefeated in 7 starts and can make it 4 out of 4 over fences. A safe round of jumping is all that is required.
OUT SAM has won last 2 chase starts and looks well weighted with further improvement likely at a decent price. We recommend an each way saver on Southfield Theatre who could bounce back having finished 2nd in last year's Sun Alliance and looks well treated on that form.
ANNIE POWER receives a 7lb allowance from the boys and attempts to be only the 3rd mare to win this in the post-war era. She is a worthy favourite and should go close.
VROUM VROUM MAG Has won 8 from 8 and should win today for the Willie Mullins yard who has won this race for the past 7 years.
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Has been in the top 3 in last 5 starts and can continue to run well kept to this class off of a feasible mark.
Dropped back into claiming company having been beaten 2.5 lengths at Kempton last time. Has run well on this surface in the past and the booking of Champion jockey Silvestre De Sousa is the icing on the cake.
Course and distance winner who has been placed on last 3 starts and can go close kept to a class 6.
Has won 3 and been placed 4 times in last 7 races. Able to run in a 0-65 today under a penalty having won a 0-75 last time out. Will take all the beating.
Lightly raced on the all weather and went close last time over today's course and distance. This race looks easier and the one to beat.
Each Way Value TipsOur each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
Has won 2 from 4 chases and this step up in trip could bring about more improvement for the in-form Neil Mullholland yard with Nina Carberry taking the ride. Well worth an each way interest.
Has won 3 from 5 chase starts and last race was over hurdles that should have put him spot on for today. Can improve and go close.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
The Donald McCain yard has hit a bit of form recently and this horse may improve for a step up in trip.
Hasn't raced for 349 days and worth opposing at such a short price.
Failed to win in 3 attempts and up against plenty of unexposed rivals. Worth taking on at such a short price.
Undefeated in 7 starts and can make it 4 out of 4 over fences. A safe round of jumping is all that is required
4 times course winner who has won last 3 races. Carries a 7lb penalty and should be in the mix.
Escapes a penalty for winning at Newcastle on stable debut having been off for 111 days. Can build on that and take this.
Has been a beaten favourite 6 times from 7 and not one to be taking a short price on.
Has won last 2 races and was an easy victor over course and distance last time out. Still looks feasibly weighted and can go well in hatrick attempt.
0 from 11 in this class of race and needs to improve to win this, so worth taking on at such short price.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com