WelcomeWelcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Thursday 17th March with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Towcester where the going is Soft and there are 7 races starting at 1:15pm to 5:00pm
- Cheltenham where the going is Good-good to soft in places and there are 7 races starting at 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Hexham where the going is Heavy-soft in places and there are 7 races starting at 1:55pm to 5:40pm
- Down Royal where the going is Soft-yielding in places and there are 7 races starting at 2:00pm to 5:45pm
- Wexford where the going is Soft and there are 7 races starting at 2:20pm to 5:55pm
- Chelmsford (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 5:50pm to 8:50pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Each Way Value Bet Results
Channel 4 Racing Tips
BRISTOL DE MAI Progressive front runner who has won 3 chases in succession including a Grade 1 victory latest.
OUR KAEMPFER Hasn't run since being brought down at Haydock in November, but before that had been running well in this grade and may have a bit of improvement left to come.
We recommend an each way saver on Taglietelle 4th last year in the Coral Cup and may be able to improve back at this course.
VAUTOUR Looked the likely winner in the King George on last run, but caught in the dying strides. Worthy favourite in this and will take the beating.
THISTLECRACK Has impressed winning 4 of last 5 over this sort of trip and is the horse to beat in this race.
STILLETTO Lightly raced and looks open to significant improvement for the Paul Nicholls yard having won easily at Leicester last time. We recommend an each way saver on La Vaticane
Who looks well handicapped and represents a trainer who has won this race 3 times in the past 6 runnings.
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
The winner of this race in 2013 and has been 2nd in both recent starts. Should go well.
0 from 7 over fences, but went close last time and further step up in trip should see him close.
Has won both hurdle races easily and looks another likely winner for the Willie Mullins/Ruby Walsh partnership.
Each Way Value TipsOur each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
Remains lightly raced over fences and can build on a distant 2nd placed finish at Carlisle last time for an in-form trainer.
Was outclassed at Naas last time having run respectably in two races prior to that. This race looks less competitive and can put in a good run.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Impressive winner at Wincanton last time, upped in trip today and carries a penalty with a couple of unexposed rivals in opposition. Worth taking on at such a short price.
With doubts over main market rivals jumping, is the logical choice in this race.
Has not impressed with jumping and pulled up latest after a number of mistakes.
Course and distance winner who has won last two hurdle starts. Now 10lbs higher than last winning mark and forced to step up into a class 4 where a 1 win from 13 attempts strike rate is off putting.
Hasn't run for 115 days, but may show improvement on handicap debut.
Disappointing short priced favourite last time and has to prove well being having only had 8 days to recover.
Lightly raced and showed improved form on 2nd hurdle start last time. Can build on that.
Beaten in Grade 2s in last two races and this looks an easier opportunity. However, has top weight and may be exposed to a couple of better handicapped horses at better prices.
Carries a 7lb penalty for last time out win at Carlisle in a weak race and should have a good chance to follow up here. However, at such cramped odds worth looking elsewhere for a bit of value and taking him on.
Last win was 819 days ago and has raced 12 times since says it all. Not one to be taking a short price on.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com