Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Friday 8th April with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Aintree where the going is None and there are 7 races starting at 1:40pm to 5:15pm
- Leicester where the going is None and there are 7 races starting at 1:55pm to 5:25pm
- Newcastle where the going is None and there are 8 races starting at 2:05pm to 6:05pm
- Wexford where the going is None and there are 7 races starting at 4:30pm to 7:40pm
- Wolverhampton (A.W) where the going is None and there are 8 races starting at 5:50pm to 9:20pm
- Dundalk (A.W) where the going is None and there are 7 races starting at 6:00pm to 9:00pm
View Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
We had 17 winners across the 34 races we had a tip running and this was our best ever days tipping in terms of numbers of winners since we launched BetTurtle. We had winners with 3 of our 5 Channel 4 races, our Lay Of The Day was landed for the 8th day in a row and our lay tips are now operating at a 79% success rate in the last week with 34 from 43 lays landing.
WINNER: We had a successful Win Value Bet with Oiche Mhaith Boy priced at 3/1 (advised at 10/3).
WINNER: We had a successful Each Way Value Bet with Merhoob priced at 7/2 (advised at 9/1).
WINNER: We had a successful Lay Of The Day with Hakam priced at 10/11F.
WINNERS: We had 3/4 successful back bets and 5/5 successful lay bets.
WINNERS: Our Channel 4 Racing tips had 3 winners, 0 seconds and 0 thirds from the 5 races we tipped in. Winners included: Apple's Jade 3/1, Cue Card 6/5F, Annie Power 4/9F.
had 17 winners
, 5 seconds
and 3 thirds
from the 34 races we tipped in. Winners included: Horace Hazel 6/1, Merhoob 7/2, Moonshine Ridge 5/1, Apple's Jade 3/1.
Win Value Bet Results
NAP Taunton 3:55 Sew On Target 2nd 11/8F - jumped left virtually throughout, led, headed afer 4 out, ridden and behind after 3 out, staying on when left 2nd at last, no impression
Limerick 4:55 Oiche Mhaith Boy 1st 3/1 - led, 3 lengths clear halfway, pushed along and joined briefly 2f out, ridden and stayed on well inside final furlong
NB Chelmsford 8:20 Cool Crescendo 2nd 4/1 - slowly into stride, in rear and outpaced, headway over 2f out, chased winner inside final furlong, kept and held towards finish
Each Way Value Bet Results
Chelmsford 7:50 Merhoob 1st 7/2 - tracked leaders, ridden over 1f out, led inside final furlong, held on towards finish
Channel 4 Racing Tips
LIMINI 3 from 3 over hurdles and carried a penalty to victory when winning the Grade 2 Mare's race at Cheltenham in March with ease. Has the making of a superstar and can take this step up to Grade 1 company in her stride.
UN TEMPS POUR TOUT Won a competitive handicap by 7 lengths at the Cheltenham Festival. Has only had the 4 chase runs, could be open to further improvement and can go close here.
VAUTOUR Impressive winner of the Ryanair Chase at Cheltenham and should win this easily.
BISHOPS ROAD Missed the cut for the Grand National having impressed with ease of victory in last two races. With trainer Kerry Lee a regular winner of big races this year, we are hopeful of a good run from this progressive horse if handling the drop in trip.
BAOULET DELAROQUE Has won 3 from 5 hurdle races and was a close up 5th in the Coral Cup at Cheltenham. This step up in trip should help and this progressive horse can go close for the in form Paul Nicholls yard.
Win Value Tips
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Won on 3rd start last time and this step up in trip with Ryan Moore booked should see further improvement.
Has won last two starts and including a course and distance win last time. Should go close again kept to a class 4.
Lightly raced and this step up to 10 furlongs can bring about further improvement.
Each Way Value Tips
Our each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
Gordon Elliott won this race in 2011 and we think he has a likely contender with Tycoon Prince making handicap race and having been given a break since last run in December.
Has won 4 times at course and should strip fitter since re-appearance run a week ago stepping back up to a mile.
Course and distance winner who has shown improved form in last few runs and worth an each way interest upped in grade.
Back or Lay Tips
We review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Hasn't run for 203 days and all wins have been on a firmer surface.
One win in 14 starts and worth taking on at such short odds.
The least exposed in the field and Ryan Moore takes the ride. Should improve from September debut.
Looks exposed, hasn't run for 182 days, unproven on heavy going and steps up to 6 furlongs for the first time.
Makes debut today and very short price up against some unexposed rivals.
Has started favourite 5 times in last 10 races and has not won once. One to take on at such a short price.
Went close over course and distance last time, but plenty of unexposed rivals and worth taking on at such short odds.
Drops in class on seasonal debut and clear form choice here.
Needs another run for a handicap rating and best watched for now.
Won last time out at Kempton, but carries a penalty here and needs to improve again to win this.
Winning Money With BetTurtle Racecards
We think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com
Puzzle Of The Day
Here's where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @betturtle
We had no puzzle tip yesterday. Hopefully some of you found the winner, at .
￼ Some clues to consider: The current favourite in the race is City Dreams (IRE)
who at this morning's prices is 2/1. He is an 11 race maiden. Are there any less exposed, better handicapped or classier horses in the race? Turtle Hint: Click here for the race card
and click the STATS button and select HORSE to see what horses are better treated or less exposed. Mail us email@example.com
or tweet us @betturtle