WelcomeWelcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Tuesday 12th April with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Exeter where the going is Good to soft and there are 8 races starting at 1:50pm to 5:50pm
- Southwell (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 2:00pm to 5:30pm
- Newmarket where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:40pm
New BetTurtle Features
We have improved the form on BetTurtle to make it easier to read.
On any race card click on the FORM button next to a horse. You will then see the following:
COMMENTS button - click to expand for some key pointers for today.
This provides a chronoligical summary of the horses racing career to date. The headings are:
Date/LstRn - Date of the race and number of days since the horse had last ran.
Crs - Racecourse the race was run at and in brackets either a course direction sympbol. [L]- left handed course, [R] - Right-handed and  - Figure of 8 course. We use yellow to show previous runs at today's course.
Pos - Position horse finished, number of runners in the race and the total distance in lengths the horse won or lost. We use yellow to highlight winning performances.
Conditions - Distance the race was run over, the going, the race type, the winning prize money and the class of the race. We use yellow to show runs under similar conditions.
OR - The official handicap rating the horse had been allocated for the race.
Jockey - The name of the jockey that rode the horse. We use yellow to show previous runs with today's jockey.
SP - The starting price odds of the horse.
Extra Race Info
Clicking on the down arrow next to the race date will reveal further information about the race.
The title of the race, the race class and the handicap rating or graded status of the race.
The winner and second placed in the race (assuming the horse in question was not placed first or second).
In running comment for the horses performance in the race.
Win Value Bet Results
Each Way Value Bet Results
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Each Way Value Tips
Our each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
No each way tips today.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org