Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Sunday 24th April with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Thirsk where the going is Good and there are 8 races starting at 1-50pm to 5-20pm
- Musselburgh where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 2-00pm to 5-00pm
- Gowran Park where the going is Good and there are 8 races starting at 2-10pm to 5-40pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Each Way Value Bet Results
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Close 2nd on seasonal debut at Pontefract and this lightly raced sort can progress with Keiron Fallon an interesting jockey booking.
Has won last 3 on all weather and can hopefully make it a quick double returned to the turf for the Alan Swinbank/Keiron Fallon combination (we have tipped Lopes Dancer in 3.00)
Has been placed in top 3 in last 9 races and won at Leopardstown over this trip last time. Another good run expected.
Each Way Value TipsOur each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
No wins in 3 attempts and very short price up against some unexposed horses.
Holds Derby entry, but makes seasonal return and may prefer further.
Remains a maiden after 3 runs and up against some unexposed rivals.
Won on all weather last time. Up a further 6lbs returned to turf and a very short price to repeat that win. Worth finding an alternative.
Won a maiden easily last time. Steps up in class for a stable who have won this race 4 times in last 10 seasons. Short enough price for a horse that needs to show considerable improvement up against a number of seasoned rivals.
Has a poor strike rate in this class and on this going and worth opposing up 7lbs since winning at this course in September.
Beaten in all 3 starts and up against a number of unexposed types today, so worth opposing at such a short price.
Favourite when beaten in a Listed Race last time and has it to prove today up against a couple of interesting horses from top yards.
Beaten by 23 lengths at Cork last time and whilst improvement likely up against other unexposed types and more experienced rivals.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com
Puzzle Of The DayHere's where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @betturtle
Today's Puzzle Race Is Thirsk 4-20View Thirsk 4-20 >>