Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Thursday 12th May with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Salisbury where the going is Good to soft-soft in places and there are 8 races starting at 1:55pm to 5:40pm
- York where the going is Good-good to firm in places and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:20pm
- Perth where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 2:15pm to 5:35pm
- Tipperary where the going is Yielding and there are 8 races starting at 4:40pm to 8:35pm
- Fontwell where the going is Good to soft and there are 7 races starting at 4:55pm to 8:15pm
- Newmarket where the going is Good to firm-good in places and there are 7 races starting at 5:10pm to 8:25pm
View Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Our NB tip was a non-runner yesterday.
WINNER: We had a successful Lay Of The Day with Oh Grace priced at 2/1.
WINNERS: We had 2/3 successful back bets and 3/4 successful lay bets.
WINNERS: Our Channel 4 Racing tips had 3 winners, 0 seconds and 1 thirds from the 4 races we tipped in. Winners included: See The Sun 9/1, Magical Memory 5/2F, So Mi Dar 4/5F.
had 15 winners
, 8 seconds
and 7 thirds
from the 43 races we tipped in. Winners included: See The Sun 9/1, Dovil's Duel 3/1F, Mister Marker 3/1F, Wolftrap 7/2.
Win Value Bet Results
NAP Naas 7:40 Kellstorm 2nd 1/1F - chased leaders in 3rd, pushed along entering straight, ridden in 3rd 2f out, 3rd 1f out, kept on without threatening winner to go 2nd close home
Each Way Value Bet Results
Lingfield 2:50 Santiburi Spring 2nd 6/1 - led 3f, tracked leader, ridden to lead again over 1f out, headed inside final furlong, ran on
Naas 8:10 Firecrown 10th 9/1 - in rear, no impression from 3f out, never a factor
Channel 4 Racing Tips
ROYAL BIRTH Makes turf return having been progressive on all weather. With conditions to suit, should be a strong contender.
Salisbury 2:25 BATHWICK TYRES EBF STALLIONS BREEDING WINNERS FILLIES' HANDICAP (0-85) (4) 3YO View BetTurtle Racecard
INTERMITTENT Lightly raced for top connections and this step up in trip should help returned to turf.
JOURNEY 2nd in a Group 1 at Champions day at Ascot in October. With the Gosden yard bagging a double yesterday, confidence is high of a good run here.
MIDTERM Derby favourite and the one to beat in this race having won a Group 3 Classic Trial on seasonal return.
EXPRESS HIMSELF Ran better than suggested at Haydock last time having dwelt at the start and met trouble in running. Interesting stepped up into Listed company for the first time.
Win Value Tips
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Has won 4 from 7 on this going and 7lbs higher for recent Chepstow win may not be enough to stop him following up.
Won at Ballinrobe on handicapping bow and connections wasting no time getting him back out off of a 9lbs higher mark.
Lingfield winner on 2nd start last time and plenty of improvement expected returned to turf for top connections.
Each Way Value Tips
Our each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
Lightly race and makes handicap debut on seasonal return. Can go close here if fit enough to do himself justice.
Been placed in last 3 including a Down Royal win in March. Good place chance once again.
Back or Lay Tips
We review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Clear form choice for the Sir Michael Stoute yard having been just beaten into 2nd on seasonal return. Should strip fitter and run a big race here.
Very short price on hurdling debut and others preferred.
Finished an 8 length 4th in a Newmarket maiden last time. Short priced with improvement needed in a race full of unexposed types from top stables.
Course winner, but has won only once in 19 attempts. Not one to be taking a short price about.
French import who has won last two points races. More needed here and at this price looking elsewhere.
Winning Money With BetTurtle Racecards
We think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Puzzle Of The Day
Here's where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection email@example.com or tweet us @betturtle
Another weak favourite found yesterday! We have been proved correct 45 from 64 times since we started this feature. Yesterday's weak favourite selection Labaik (FR) finished at 5/4F. Hopefully some of you found the winner, Shimba Hills at 8/1.
Sorry Not Puzzle Race Today