Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Monday 16th May with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Redcar where the going is Good to firm-good in places and there are 8 races starting at 1:50pm to 5:35pm
- Kempton where the going is Good and there are 6 races starting at 2:00pm to 4:40pm
- Brighton where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:30pm
- Killarney where the going is Good and there are 8 races starting at 5:20pm to 8:50pm
- Windsor where the going is Good and there are 6 races starting at 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- Leicester where the going is Good-good to soft in places on round course and there are 6 races starting at 6:10pm to 8:40pm
View Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
WINNER: We had a successful NB win with Byron Flyer priced at 7/4F (advised at 2/1).
WINNERS: We had 0/0 successful back bets and 2/5 successful lay bets.
had 14 winners
, 7 seconds
and 4 thirds
from the 32 races we tipped in. Winners included: Spring Offensive 7/2, Samanntom 3/1F, Baku Bay 3/1JF.
Win Value Bet Results
NAP Stratford 3:25 Mountain Eagle 3rd 9/4F - chased leader, hit 1st, lost 2nd 4 out, chased leading pair, blundered 3 out, 3rd and held when pecked last
NB Market Rasen 3:50 Byron Flyer 1st 7/4F (advised at 2/1) - in touch chasing group, headway to track front pair 3 out, went 2nd before next, upsides last, led and edged right flat, soon clear, driven out, comfortably
Ripon 4:45 Robinnielly 2nd 2/1F - tracked leaders, every chance 2f out, kept on and no chance with winner
Each Way Value Bet Results
Market Rasen 4:25 Art Of Logistics 8th 4/1 - in touch on outer, outpaced 9th, lost place 4 out, weakened before next
Stratford 5:35 Island Rendezvous 7th 13/2 - chased leaders, wide on bend inside final mile, weakened 5f out, tailed off
Win Value Tips
Our value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
Easy winner at Towcester last week and a 7lbs penalty unlikely to prevent a follow-up.
Won well at course last time on seasonal return and this extra furlong should bring about further improvement. Should go close under a 7lb penalty.
Just beaten at Salisbury last time and record now reads 52122. Should be capable of going close again in this race.
Each Way Value Tips
Our each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
0 from 5 over hurdles, but a first time hood last time brought about an improved performance when finishing 2nd at Huntingdon. Can build on that today.
All the way winner at Fairyhouse last time on first run in handicap company. Up 7lbs, but further improvement likely and should be in the shake-up.
Raised 4lbs for winning at Beverley and can go well again upped in class and with a decent claimer taking 5lbs off.
Back or Lay Tips
We review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Looked in need of the race latest in a bumper when travelling well until tiring in the last couple of furlongs. Makes hurdles today and should be up to winning this.
Remains a maiden after 5 starts and may find one or two too good today.
Escapes a rise for winning an apprentice race at the course last week. The manner of that victory suggests he will take some stopping today.
0 from 3 in maidens and unproven on this faster ground. With plenty of unexposed rivals in opposition worth taking on at short odds.
0 from 3 in maidens and plenty of unexposed types that can improve past him.
Looked in need of experience on debut and may need another race or two to be seen at best.
Been off the track since a disappointing favourite at Fairyhouse on heavy ground in January. May need the race today.
Started favourite a Kempton in sole race last September. Bucked leaving the stalls and made little impression throughout. Although an improved performance is likely, very short priced with fitness and attitude risks attached. Others preferred.
Progressive having won at Thirsk on seasonal debut last time winning by 7 lengths. Needs to prove liking for this faster surface and needs to improve to win this.
Winning Money With BetTurtle Racecards
We think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com
Puzzle Of The Day
Here's where we challenge you to see if you can use the tools we provide in BetTurtle to find the winner in this race, a race we think could spring a big price surprise as we have doubts about the favourite at this morning's prices. Mail us your thoughts/selection firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @betturtle
Another weak favourite found yesterday! We have been proved correct 49 from 69 times since we started this feature. Yesterday's weak favourite selection Kasbah (IRE) finished 4th at 4/1. Hopefully some of you found the winner, Ardhoomey at 9/4F.
Sorry No Puzzle Race Today