Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Wednesday 18th May with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Ayr where the going is Good to firm and there are 8 races starting at 1:30pm to 5:25pm
- Bath where the going is Firm-good to firm in places and there are 8 races starting at 1:50pm to 5:50pm
- Warwick where the going is Good-good to firm in places and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:35pm
- Southwell where the going is Good-good to firm in places and there are 7 races starting at 5:40pm to 8:45pm
- Kempton (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 5:55pm to 8:55pm
- Dundalk (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 6:05pm to 9:05pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Each Way Value Bet Results
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
Has won and placed second in two runs at this course and can build on impressive Exeter win last time for in form yard.
All the way winner at Musselburgh latest and can go well again off of a 6lbs penalty.
Won over course and distance last time and now resorts to handicaps. Remains lightly raced and can improve again.
Each Way Value TipsOur each way bets are horses at decent prices (5/1+) we think can go close to winning.
Ran well on chasing debut at this course on last run and the extra half mile trip should suit. Can go close with that initial experience under his belt and the in form Aiden Coleman taking over in the saddle.
0 from 5, but encouraging signs on latest 3rd at Sedgefield in March. With Tom Scudamore an interesting jockey booking and first run on good ground, is worth a second look.
The Hughie Morrison yard struck form with a vengance yesterday with 2 winners from 4 runners having been on the cold trainer list, so worth following for now. This horse ran well on seasonal debut and would have finished closer if he hadn't been hampered at a vital stage of the race. With improved fitness and better luck in running can go close.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Impressive a Ludlow on last run and now 2 from 4 over hurdles. Can go in again.
Has finished second on both starts and should be winning this in order to justify Oaks entry.
0 from 4, but showed improved form first time handicapping in an apprentice race. More to come with in form Andrea Atzeni taking over in the saddle.
Won easily at Ludlow last time and should make it three in a row with a repeat performance.
Ran 3rd on debut in a bumper at Haydock. With improvement highly likely for the Nicky Henderson yard should be up to taking this.
Useful hurdler and should go well, with a clear round on chasing debut.
Short priced on debut and up against a number of unexposed rivals.
0 from 6 and dropped to maiden company. Taking on in the hope that one of the unexposed horses can improve past him.
Hasn't won for over 2 years and 9 runs. Percentage call is to take on.
Fell at the last when in command last time, but up against a Nicky Henderson opponent today and may not have things all his own way.
Won at Bangor on 4th start, further improvement likely and can go close under a penalty for the Nicky Henderson yard.
Makes handicap debut having won a Wolverhampton maiden. May lack the experience needed to win a competitive handicap and worth taking on at such a short price.
Ran respectably on debut in a Warwick bumper and can improve for the Nicky Henderson yard who has a fine record in these events. However, there are few unexposed rivals in today's race that may spring a surprise.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com