Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Friday 5th August with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Wolverhampton (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 8 races starting at 1:50pm to 5:20pm
- Musselburgh where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Brighton where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:10pm
- Tipperary where the going is Good-Soft and there are 8 races starting at 4:25pm to 8:05pm
- Newmarket (July) where the going is Good and there are 6 races starting at 5:35pm to 8:20pm
- Haydock where the going is Good to firm and there are 6 races starting at 5:45pm to 8:30pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
Drops into selling company having run 2nd on handicap debut at course latest. Can go close.
FInished a well beaten 4th on debut at Sandown on last start. Can improve for that experience and should be in the mix now stepping up to a mile.
Has failed to win in 3 starts, but this step up to 7 furlongs should suit and a big player in this race for the Dermot Weld/Pat Smullen partnership.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Takes a singificant drop in class, first start on the all weather and has a 7lb claimer on board. The warning signs are there.
Has won and been placed in both starts. Not quite sure what to make of the form and at such as short price worth opposing.
1 win in 25 starts and 0 from last 8 makes him one to avoid at this morning's prices.
Confident choice having gone very close on both starts to date and stepping upto 12 furlongs for the John Gosden yard.
Won easliy at Thirsk last week, but both wins have been on a softer surface and worth opposing under faster conditions.
Has failed to win in 6 attempts in this class of race, so this morning's price does not appeal.
Has failed to win in 5 starts and up against the boys here.
Finished 4th at this course on debut last month in a race that has thrown up 3 winners since. This looks a hot race though and may find one or two too good.
The Mick Channon yard have hit a bit of a cold spot having won only 2 races in last 55 attempts, so plenty short enough with those risks attached.
Has failed to win in 3 starts and this drop back to 7 furlongs may not be ideal.
Won a weak Thirsk maiden before finsihing well down the field in follow up attempt at Newmarket. Very short priced for what he has achieved and taken on in the hope that one of the less exposed types can spring a surprise.
Made all over course and distance last time and can improve further. However, off of a mark of 88 it can't be said he is well handicapped and worth taking on at these odds.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com