Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Tuesday 9th August with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Thirsk where the going is Good and there are 8 races starting at 2:00pm to 5:35pm
- Chepstow where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 2:15pm to 5:20pm
- Lingfield where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 5:10pm to 8:15pm
- Nottingham where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
Finished a staying on 2nd at this course latest after a 166 day absence. Should come on for that run and this step back up to a mile should be ideal.
Has won last two over this course and distance and no reason he can't make it three wins today.
Has improved for the step up to 10 furlongs and won well at Ffos Las latest. Open to further improvement for the in form Hughie Morrison yard and should go close.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Just run out of it on Windsor debut and can make amends today with significant improvement likely.
Has been running consistently well recently, but 1 from 17 strike rate a concern and has failed to win in 6 attempts over this trip.
Finished 3rd at a big price at Doncaster on debut. This extra furlong should suit and open to improvement. However, this morning's odds aren't appealing and others preferred in what could be a competitive race with a number of tops stables represented.
Not run since April debut and stable have been in the doldrums with 0 winners in 18 starts in the last 60 days. Not one to be taking a short price on.
Better was expected of this Sir Mark Prescott charge stepping up to 10 furlongs on handicap debut and well supported down to short priced favouritism last time. One to be wary of for now.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org