Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Wednesday 17th August with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- York where the going is Good to Firm and there are 6 races starting at 1:55pm to 4:55pm
- Carlisle where the going is Good to Firm (Watered) and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:40pm
- Chepstow where the going is Good to Firm (Good in places, Watered) and there are 7 races starting at 2:20pm to 5:45pm
- Worcester where the going is Good (Good to Firm in places, Watered) and there are 7 races starting at 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Killarney where the going is Good to Firm and there are 7 races starting at 5:20pm to 8:20pm
- Kempton (A.W) where the going is Standard / Slow and there are 6 races starting at 6:40pm to 9:10pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Channel 4 Racing Tips
ZANETTO is a tentative choice in what is a hot handicap. He has been lightly raced this season, but finished a close up 4th at this course in May and is 2lbs lower having disappointed in 2 starts since. Well weighted, 7lbs below last winning mark and has plum draw 15, where 3 winners have come from in past 10 years.
COURAGE UNDER FIRE finished 2nd in the Group 1 Phoenix Stakes 10 days ago and can go close for Aiden O'Brien dropped into a Group 3.
IDAHO has placed in the English and Irish Derby and is the clear form choice for this and will take some beating.
HAWKBILL has won last 6 and undefeated over this trip. Will be a tough nut to crack today.
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
Has won last twice and can go in again stepped up to a mile for the in form Jim Bolger yard.
Placed 3 times in Listed company and can go close once again.
3 from 5 at this course including wins last twice. Should run well in hattrick attempt.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Has failed to win in both starts and has it to prove today ina competitive maiden.
Won a Sandown maiden on debut, but that from may not be worth much in the context of this race.
Top class and has won last 5 races. Those races were over 12 furlongs and this drop back to 10 furlongs on fast ground may find him out, so worth opposing.
Only success in 9 starts was on the all weather and may struggle on turf and up in class.
Has failed to win in 19 starts and has to be opposed at these odds.
Was running on over this trip on debut on softish ground and may need further in time, so may struggle for pace on this faster surface.
Very short price for a debutant especially with trainer on the cold list.
Well beaten in Irish 2000 Guineas in May and possibly will need this having not raced since.
0 from 4 and may find 1 or 2 of the less exposed types too good.
0 from 5 and may find 1 or 2 of the less exposed types too good.
Won at Galway on second start and can improve again for the Aiden O'Brien yard who won this in 2014.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com