Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Thursday 18th August with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- York where the going is Good-Firm and there are 6 races starting at 1:55pm to 4:55pm
- Chepstow where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:35pm
- Stratford where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 2:20pm to 5:45pm
- Fontwell where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Hamilton where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 5:10pm to 8:10pm
- Killarney where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 5:20pm to 8:20pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Channel 4 Racing Tips
Has won 3 times in 5 starts with latest a Listed win in France. Can improve further from a reasonable draw for the in form Mark Johnston who is double handed in this race with Rusumaat his other runner.
According to the morning prices, the Frankel filly Fair Eva is already home and hosed in this race having impressed in a Group 3 last time at Royal Ascot. That race hasn't thrown up any winners since from 4 runs and the form may not be all that it seems. Therefore, worth taking on. The value in the race may be in the form of another Frankel filly Queen Kindly. Beaten less than a length into 4th in the Albany at Royal Ascot (race has thrown up 3 winners since) and won easily at Catterick latest.
Has won 3 and finished 2nd in 3 in his 8 starts to date and open to improvement. Latest run at Goodwood can be ignored, as was poorly drawn and was hampered and heavily eased near end. On earlier form has a decent chance.
Aiden O'Brien has 4 runners in this race and has won it twice in the past 10 years. Found and Seventh Heaven represent his best chance of further success and the latter is the one we are siding with in the hope she can build on her recent Irish Oaks victory.
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
Was heavily gambled, but failed to land the odds on stable debut over hurdles last week and is of interest on chase debut in what looks a weak race.
Has won twice round here and looks of interest upped to 12 furlongs for the first time and may improve.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
Clear form choice and should win.
Easy winner of both hurdles starts, but carries double penalty and will find this tougher.
According to the morning prices, the Frankel filly Fair Eva is already home and hosed in this race having impressed in a Group 3 last time at Royal Ascot. That race hasn't thrown up any winners since from 4 runs and the form may not be all that it seems. Therefore, worth taking on at such a short price.
Has failed to win in 5 attempts over fences and fell at last latest in a Listed event when coming under pressure.
Has thrown away winning chances last twice and stable resort to a visor. Not trustworthy.
Easy all the way winner at Beverley on handicap debut and could follow up under a penalty. May not get things his own way up front today and inexperienced claimer on board.
Won easily over hurdles at this course latest. Has disappointed in last 4 attempts over fences and has to be taken on.
Has failed to win in both starts and is already gelded. Plenty of unexposed rivals to take him on with.
Up 14lbs for 2 wins in July and will find this tougher.
May need run having been off the track since April.
1 win in 16 so the percentage call is to take on at such short odds.
Placed in all 3 starts and beaten favourite at Carlisle latest. Not one to be taking short odds on.
Bought from Ireland for £46K and is the clear form choice based on two NHF runs. Up against a couple of interesting debutants who may spring a surprise.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com