Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Friday 26th August with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Thirsk where the going is Soft and there are 8 races starting at 1:50pm to 5:50pm
- Newmarket (July) where the going is Good to Firm and there are 7 races starting at 2:00pm to 5:30pm
- Ffos Las where the going is Good (Good to Soft in places) and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:40pm
- Newcastle (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 4:15pm to 7:35pm
- Down Royal where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 4:35pm to 7:50pm
- Goodwood where the going is Good and there are 6 races starting at 5:00pm to 7:45pm
- Hamilton where the going is Good to Soft (Good in places) and there are 6 races starting at 5:20pm to 8:00pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
Win Value Bet Results
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
Disappointed on turf latest, but repeat of form of course win in June will put him bang in contention here and given another chance.
0 wins in 5 starts, but has finished runner up in last 3. Drop in grade will help and should be up to winning this.
Dual all weather winner earlier this year and has been lightly raced on the turf since. Ran well into 2nd latest at Ripon and could be primed for a big run at a decent price today.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
0 from 3 and well beaten when last seen out in June.
Form choice based on course and distance 2nd last time. Plenty of unexposed rivals from top stables in opposition, so worth taking on at such a short price.
Clear form choice and should be up to winning this.
Just beaten on Brighton debut latest and can improve to take this.
Needs to improve to beat Vanity Queen and may struggle to do so.
Form of course success last time questionable and looks a little skinny in follow-up attempt.
Broke maiden tag last time out at Sandwon. Clear form choice up 8lbs today, but short enough in what could prove a tactically run race.
Has failed to win in 4 turf attempts, so one to avoid at such short odds.
Form choice based on those that have raced, but plenty of unexposed types from top yards to take him on with.
0 from 5 and comes with risks attached.
Won on all weather latest, but not guaranteed to repeat returned to turf.
0 from 11 and confidence of breaking duck today low.
Won Windsor maiden by 7 lengths last time. Starting mark looks high enough and 53 day absence to overcome.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com