Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Tuesday 3rd January with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Musselburgh where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- Bangor-On-Dee where the going is Soft and there are 6 races starting at 1:15pm to 3:50pm
- Newcastle (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:10pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
We had 0/1 successful back bets and 1/7 successful lay bets.
Our Website tips had 0 winners, 7 seconds and 2 thirds from the 21 races we tipped in.
Win Value Tip Results
2nd Action Replay 2/1
Plumpton 12:50 View BetTurtle Racecardchased leaders on outside, went 2nd at the last (usual 3 out), pushed along bypassing omitted 2 out, soon dropped to 3rd, kept on same pace, went 2nd again post
2nd The Doorman 16/1
Ayr 1:30 View BetTurtle Racecardtowards rear, headway 5 out, ridden to chase winner before last, kept on and no impression
6th Sarabi 10/1
Southwell 1:40 View BetTurtle Racecardridden away from stalls, soon chasing leaders, outpaced over 2f out, no impression after
2nd Whiskey Chaser 11/2
Ayr 2:00 View BetTurtle Racecardled, ridden before 2 out, headed before last, kept on same pace
2nd Marshgate Lane 1/1F
Southwell 2:40 View BetTurtle Racecardheld up in touch in rear, closed going well 3f out, every chance 2f out, kept on, no impression on winner towards finish
9th Macho Mac 15/8F
Southwell 3:10 View BetTurtle Racecardpulled very hard, tracked leaders, ridden over 2f out, soon beaten, weakened over 1f out
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
7 Cabragh 9/2
Bangor-On-Dee 1:15 View BetTurtle Racecard
Put in a decent performance at Sedgefield with an all the way win last month. An attempt to follow up, down in trip, came unstuck with a bad mistake when looking a beaten horse last time. Back up in trip he can go close.
2 Wordiness 4/1
Newcastle (A.W) 2:40 View BetTurtle Racecard
Amateur ridden, Wordiness fell foul of the stewards last time with a down the field performance and is much better than he showed then. With in form Andrew Mullen on board and upped in trip, a much better performance can be expected.
2 Mixboy 15/8
Musselburgh 3:00 View BetTurtle Racecard
2 from 2 chasing and is clearly on the up and with more improvement likely, he should prove to good for fellow hat-trick seeker Thankyou Very Much.
2 Poyle Vinnie 2/1
Newcastle (A.W) 5:10 View BetTurtle Racecard
Travelled well throughout over this course and distance last time, but just lost out at the finish. Can make amends today.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
2 Glorious Politics 4/7
Newcastle (A.W) 2:10 View BetTurtle Racecard
Can make it 3rd time lucky having just been beaten over course and distance last time. Open to plenty of improvement.
12 War Creation 7/4
Bangor-On-Dee 2:20 View BetTurtle Racecard
Joined the Nicky Henderson yard following a Perth bumper win and can make a successful hurdling debut today. This is the yards only runner today.
4 Fastnet Blast 15/8
Newcastle (A.W) 3:10 View BetTurtle Racecard
Fastnet Blast is Ed Walker's sole runner today having made the 284 mile trip north. He finished a decent 2nd last time at Kempton and with doubts surrounding his main rival today over this trip, he is worth an interest.
3 Diamond Kut 3/2
Newcastle (A.W) 3:10 View BetTurtle Racecard
Drops in trip and may find one or two of these more speedy.
2 Dingo Dollar 11/8
Bangor-On-Dee 3:20 View BetTurtle Racecard
Proved a disappointment on second start having run with promise on debut over this course and distance. The stable have a 39% strike rate with recent runners at the course and he should take this.
6 Go George Go 10/11
Newcastle (A.W) 3:40 View BetTurtle Racecard
Has arguably shown the best form and is open to further improvement.
2 Dr Julius No 6/4
Newcastle (A.W) 4:10 View BetTurtle Racecard
Having returned from a 207 day break, Dr Julius No won on handicap debut and is open to further improvement. He will take all the beating in this and is Ralph Beckett's only runner today having travelled 322 miles to the races.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- The Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- The horseshoes may change through the racing day, as the vibes and markets change. Click on the STATS button and select the RATINGS tab for a live summary view of the horseshoes and a set of rosettes that show the horses we think are most likely to win at that moment in time based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names) , as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) are enjoying an unusually high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- Provide us feedback by mailing us at email@example.com