Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Friday 27th January with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Huntingdon where the going is and there are 8 races starting at 12:30pm to 4:00pm
- Lingfield (A.W) where the going is and there are 7 races starting at 1:10pm to 4:10pm
- Taunton where the going is and there are 7 races starting at 1:15pm to 4:15pm
- Doncaster where the going is and there are 7 races starting at 1:25pm to 4:25pm
- Dundalk (A.W) where the going is and there are 8 races starting at 5:00pm to 8:30pm
- Newcastle (A.W) where the going is and there are 6 races starting at 5:45pm to 8:15pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
We had 1/7 successful back bets and 0/1 successful lay bets.
Our Website tips had 6 winners, 4 seconds and 4 thirds from the 27 races we tipped in. Winners included: Hallstatt 8/1, Mums The Word 13/2, Fire Diamond 7/2.
Win Value Tip Results
2nd Dino Velvet 7/4
Warwick 12:55 View BetTurtle Racecardheld up behind, headway before 3 out, chased winner between last 2, ridden and one pace flat
5th Miss Macchiato 9/4F
Southwell 1:05 View BetTurtle Racecardclose up, ridden over 2f out, kept on one pace
5th Dream Team 5/2
Southwell 2:45 View BetTurtle Racecardheld up towards rear and in touch, weakened over 2f out, tailed off
2nd Mall Dini 2/1F
Gowran Park 3:35 View BetTurtle Racecardtracked leaders, 5th halfway, pushed along in 3rd entering straight, left 2nd 3 out, no impression on winner next, kept on one pace
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
4 The Wallace Line 13/2
Doncaster 1:25 View BetTurtle Racecard
Poor strike rate with 1 from 18, but has dropped in weights and can go close with this drop into a class 4 having contested a class 2 latest. Worth an interest around the 7/1 mark.
5 Gardiners Hill 3/1
Taunton 3:15 View BetTurtle Racecard
Has won last two and now 14lbs higher. Looks open to further improvement and this race looks there for the taking.
10 Wenyerreadyfreddie 2/1
Doncaster 4:25 View BetTurtle Racecard
Recently sold for £95K and looks a potential improver for the Nicky Henderson yard on only 2nd hurdles start.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
1 Celestial Path 5/4
Taunton 1:15 View BetTurtle Racecard
Pulled up in grade 1 novice latest and this is much easier with only the one rival in with a realistic chance of beating him.
4 Omessa Has 15/8
Huntingdon 1:30 View BetTurtle Racecard
0 from 4 and this looks a tough race to be making chasing debut up against the boys.
1 Dandy Flame 6/4
Lingfield (A.W) 1:40 View BetTurtle Racecard
Looks the form choice, but drop into a claimer raises question marks.
5 Behind The Wire 2/1
Doncaster 1:55 View BetTurtle Racecard
Won at Taunton on 2nd chasing start and looks a young chaser going places and open to further improvement.
3 Grand Facile 7/4
Lingfield (A.W) 2:10 View BetTurtle Racecard
1 from 9 on all weather and doesn't look that well handicapped. Worth taking on at a short price.
8 Fashion Business 4/5
Lingfield (A.W) 2:40 View BetTurtle Racecard
Sire was the great Frankel and can build on promise of debut 2nd at this course now stepped up to 10 furlongs.
9 Dolos 1/1
Taunton 2:45 View BetTurtle Racecard
Benefits from a generous weight allowance in this race and will find this easier than the graded event he contested last time.
2 Baraza 7/4
Doncaster 2:55 View BetTurtle Racecard
Won on chase debut at Leicester earlier this month. Sure to improve from that experience and should go close in follow up attempt.
1 Mount Mews 1/2
Doncaster 3:25 View BetTurtle Racecard
Had looked destined for better things having won first 3 races. Looked to idle in the closing stages when just beaten last time and can make amends here.
1 Ocean Drive 10/11
Lingfield (A.W) 3:40 View BetTurtle Racecard
Cost £200K and won over course and distance on debut. With Ryan Moore in the saddle for in form William Haggas, should take some beating.
1 Aux Ptits Soins 4/5
Doncaster 3:55 View BetTurtle Racecard
Won on chasing debut at Kelso and stable reports since suggest he has come on plenty for the experience. Should win this with a clear round of jumping.
5 Clic Work 7/4
Taunton 4:15 View BetTurtle Racecard
Impressed with jumping when winning on chase debut at Doncaster latest. Looks open to further improvement for the Paul Nicholls yard.
2 Strategic Force 2/1
Dundalk (A.W) 5:00 View BetTurtle Racecard
Needs to improve following 9lbs rise for latest win and may find some others better handicapped today.
3 Ettu 11/10
Newcastle (A.W) 6:15 View BetTurtle Racecard
Beaten favourite last twice, step up to 1 mile last time didn't workout, but unless one of the debutants proves to be above average can win this returned to 6 furlongs.
10 Magen's Moon 4/5
Dundalk (A.W) 7:00 View BetTurtle Racecard
Clear form choice in this and should be up to winning if fit enough. Has been off the track for 166 days and in first time hood.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- If you are using BetTurtle on your mobile, turn your phone to landscape mode to read tables with data more easily.
- On any racecard, click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further. We highly recommend you look around the many tabs and tables, as this is a 'goldmine' of information to help you find winners. You can sort the tables by clicking the arrow next to the column headings.
- On any racecard, Click the horses name to see details of last 3 runs.
- On any racecard, Click the Form button and click the race date to see the top 3 runners, how the race has worked out and view the racecard.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) have a high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- The racecard Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- Pay attention to our horseshoe ratings and picks/rankings, as one of our Top 3 Horseshoes wins 64% of all races. Click on the STATS button and select the HORSESHOES tab for a live summary view of the horseshoe picks/rankings based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes. You can follow our live ratings in race card order here during the racing day.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names), as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- The free tips we provide often win at decent prices and currently have a 28% strike rate. Whilst we would love to help make you a profit, we don't guarantee it and only bet what you can afford. Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Familiarise yourself with the information available under our Pointers menu. This can give you lots of clues to winner finding.
- Use the powerful Horse Search feature. Use the search bar to type in and filter by horse, jockey and trainer name. Use the arrows beside each column header to sort the data. Is is great to find where trainers are sending their horses, what rides jockeys have at a meeting, etc.
- If you want more hints and tips, new BetTurtle feature announcements and some additional tipping info subscribe to our newsletter by filling in your details in the big red box below.
- We really love hearing from our customers. Please mail us with questions, problems, feedback and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for using BetTurtle. We really appreciate your support.