Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Tuesday 28th February with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Lingfield (A.W) where the going is Standard and there are 6 races starting at 2:00pm to 4:30pm
- Leicester where the going is Soft (heavy in places) and there are 6 races starting at 2:10pm to 4:40pm
- Catterick where the going is Soft and there are 6 races starting at 2:20pm to 4:50pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
We had 0/0 successful back bets and 1/5 successful lay bets.
Our Website tips had 3 winners, 3 seconds and 3 thirds from the 20 races we tipped in. Winners included: Powerful Dream 8/1, Kilbree Chief 4/1, Verona Opera 7/2.
Win Value Tip Results
3rd Argyle 3/1
Plumpton 2:00 View BetTurtle Racecardchased leaders, not fluent 4 out, 2nd before next, every chance 2 out, 3rd and no extra flat
6th Shadow Spirit 11/2
Wolverhampton 2:20 View BetTurtle Racecardstarted slowly and pushed along early, held up and behind, raced keenly, headway on inside over 1f out, stayed on same pace inside final furlong, not trouble leaders
4th Harlequin Storm 9/4F
Wolverhampton 3:25 View BetTurtle Racecardchased leaders, pushed along and outpaced 2f out, headway over 1f out, stayed on same pace inside final furlong
7th Royal Hall 14/1
Plumpton 3:35 View BetTurtle Racecardheld up towards rear, ridden and struggling before 3 out, soon behind
4th The Gay Cavalier 10/1
Wolverhampton 4:25 View BetTurtle Racecarddwelt, held up towards rear, reminder 8f out, headway on outside over 2f out, staying on same pace when hung left over 1f out
3rd Gnaad 7/4F
Wolverhampton 5:25 View BetTurtle Racecardreared badly start, behind, headway hanging left when not clear run over 1f out, continued to hang left when not clear run inside final furlong, ran on, never nearer
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
3 Dutch Uncle 9/4
Lingfield (A.W) 3:00 View BetTurtle Racecard
Course and distance winner, who won well at Wolverhampton latest and a 4lb rise looks workable. The booking of Silvestre De Sousa is a bonus.
7 Nomoreblackjack 5/2
Catterick 3:20 View BetTurtle Racecard
Well supported when finishing 2nd over course and distance last time and this step up in trip should be ideal for a horse with untapped potential.
6 Miss Oscarose 9/4
Leicester 4:10 View BetTurtle Racecard
Ran respectably in a better class of race than today's and can go close in a weak race having won well at Plumpton in December.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
5 Cafe Au Lait 5/4
Catterick 2:20 View BetTurtle Racecard
Win last time broke a sequence of 15 defeats in a row. Worth taking on at short prices in follow up attempt.
3 Traveller 4/5
Lingfield (A.W) 2:30 View BetTurtle Racecard
Has failed to win in 3 starts, but has improved with each run and now has the assistance of Ryan Moore in the saddle. A big run is expected.
1 Belami Des Pictons
Leicester 2:40 View BetTurtle Racecard
Looks a useful prospect having won easily at Warwick latest. Will be difficult to beat.
4 Mise En Rose 1/2
Lingfield (A.W) 3:30 View BetTurtle Racecard
Clear form choice for top connections and should win.
4 Powerful Symbol 3/2
Leicester 3:40 View BetTurtle Racecard
Looked the winner when unseating rider 3 out last time on chase debut and can make amends today with a clear round.
2 Red Rising 5/4
Catterick 3:50 View BetTurtle Racecard
Point winner who makes debut for a decent yard with a recent 29% strike rate round here. Looks the most likely winner on paper in a weak race.
1 Delusionofgrandeur 6/4
Catterick 4:20 View BetTurtle Racecard
Has been beaten by a total of 72 lengths on last two runs on soft going. Has it to prove today on similar ground today.
3 The Bay Oak 6/4
Catterick 4:20 View BetTurtle Racecard
Can improve for recent chase debut and with doubts over main market rival looks to have a decent prospect of winning with a clear round of jumping.
6 The Highlander 11/8
Leicester 4:40 View BetTurtle Racecard
Has been running well in points and can get the better of today's main market rival over this trip.
1 Aengus 5/4
Catterick 4:50 View BetTurtle Racecard
Won easily when heavily gambled latest and out quickly under a penalty. Can go in again if in the same form.
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- If you are using BetTurtle on your mobile, turn your phone to landscape mode to read tables with data more easily.
- On any racecard, click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further. We highly recommend you look around the many tabs and tables, as this is a 'goldmine' of information to help you find winners. You can sort the tables by clicking the arrow next to the column headings.
- On any racecard, Click the horses name to see details of last 3 runs.
- On any racecard, Click the Form button and click the race date to see the top 3 runners, how the race has worked out and view the racecard.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) have a high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- The racecard Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- Pay attention to our horseshoe ratings and picks/rankings, as one of our Top 3 Horseshoes wins 64% of all races. Click on the STATS button and select the HORSESHOES tab for a live summary view of the horseshoe picks/rankings based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes. You can follow our live ratings in race card order here during the racing day.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names), as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- The free tips we provide often win at decent prices and currently have a 28% strike rate. Whilst we would love to help make you a profit, we don't guarantee it and only bet what you can afford. Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Familiarise yourself with the information available under our Pointers menu. This can give you lots of clues to winner finding.
- Use the powerful Horse Search feature. Use the search bar to type in and filter by horse, jockey and trainer name. Use the arrows beside each column header to sort the data. Is is great to find where trainers are sending their horses, what rides jockeys have at a meeting, etc.
- If you want more hints and tips, new BetTurtle feature announcements and some additional tipping info subscribe to our newsletter by filling in your details in the big red box below.
- We really love hearing from our customers. Please mail us with questions, problems, feedback and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for using BetTurtle. We really appreciate your support.