Welcome to the BetTurtle Newsletter for Saturday 17th June with the latest racing news, tips and a round up of yesterday's tipping results.
- Musselburgh where the going is Good and there are 8 races starting at 1:35pm to 5:30pm
- York where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 1:50pm to 5:15pm
- Bath where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 1:55pm to 5:20pm
- Downpatrick where the going is Good and there are 7 races starting at 2:00pm to 5:25pm
- Sandown where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 2:10pm to 5:35pm
- Hexham where the going is Good-Soft and there are 8 races starting at 2:15pm to 6:15pm
- Lingfield where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 5:50pm to 8:50pm
- Limerick where the going is Good-Yielding and there are 7 races starting at 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Leicester where the going is Good-Firm and there are 7 races starting at 6:10pm to 9:10pm
Racing NewsView Our Daily Newsletter for today's racing news >>
We had a successful Lay Of The Day with Kayf Blanco
We had 2/4 successful back bets and 1/1 successful lay bets.
Our Website tips had 11 winners, 8 seconds and 6 thirds from the 44 races we tipped in. Winners included: Land Of Vic 11/4F, Fountain 6/1, Theydon Grey 10/3JF, Jufn 11/4F.
Win Value Tip Results
3rd Glaceon  5/4F
Sandown    2:00  View BetTurtle Racecardchased winner until halfway, chased leaders, ridden over 1f out, 2nd again and one pace inside final furlong, lost 2nd last strides
2nd Curious Carlos  5/2F
Aintree    7:55  View BetTurtle Racecardheld up in rear, headway 3 out, soon short of room, hampered and switched right, close 2nd when mistake last, held flat, stayed on
ITV Racing Tips
York 1:50 Queen Mother's Cup Handicap (For Lady Amateur Riders) (0-95) (3) 3yo+  View BetTurtle Racecard
11  Tapis Libre 10/1
Finished 3rd in this race last year and looks well weighted on best form. Should be spot on for this having been given an easy time in both runs since seasonal return.
Musselburgh 2:05 William Hill Tartan Trophy Consolation Race Handicap (3) 4yo+  View BetTurtle Racecard
11  Paddy Power 14/1
Was never in contention at Epsom latest, but prior form puts him in the mix and there could be a little more improvement to come.
York 2:20 Jcb Handicap (0-105) (2) 3yo+  View BetTurtle Racecard
1  Salateen 15/1
Front runner who was slightly disappointing at Newmarket latest. Has won 4 from last 7 attempts over this trip and is worth another chance.
Sandown 2:40 Randox Health Scurry Stakes (Listed Race) (1) 3yo  View BetTurtle Racecard
1  Ardad 8/1
Group 2 winner who has questions to answer following two disappointing runs. However, is with a top yard and at around the 8/1 mark this morning is well worth risking a return to form.
York 2:55 Best Western Hotels Ganton Stakes (Listed Race) (1) 3yo+  View BetTurtle Racecard
6  Thikriyaat 5/1
Unexposed horse with top connections and looks sure to improve this season following a low key return to action. Expect an improved performance today.
Musselburgh 3:10 William Hill Scottish Sprint Cup Handicap (2) 4yo+  View BetTurtle Racecard
6  Bowson Fred 21/1
Dual course winner who has finished runner up off this sort of mark 3 times in past 5 starts. Worth an each way interest at this morning's 20/1.
York 3:30 Catherine Kinloch Paver Memorial Macmillan Charity Handicap (0-105) (2) 3yo  View BetTurtle Racecard
17  Golden Apollo 9/1
Easy Pontefract winner on Monday and if in the same form today can go very close.
Win Value TipsOur value bets highlight the horses we think have the best chance of winning at value prices (typically 2/1+). Our NAP is the bet we are most confident with and NB is our next best selection at prices better than odds on.
4  Great Fighter 3/1
Musselburgh    3:45  View BetTurtle Racecard
Has won 3 from last 4 since the fitting of a visor and easy course victory last time suggests plenty more to come.
12  Pantsonfire 9/2
Limerick    7:30  View BetTurtle Racecard
Beaten less than a length into 3rd last time having made seasonal re-appearance. This lightly raced horse can go close again with more improvement to come.
1  Pumblechook 5/2
Leicester    8:40  View BetTurtle Racecard
Not beaten far over first try at 2 miles last time. This drop back in trip should suit and is the one to beat in this race.
Back or Lay TipsWe review the chances of today's short priced runners with a view to backing or laying them. The Lay Of The Day is the horse we think represents poor value and has the most realistic chance of being beaten today.
1 Bristol Missile  3/2
Sandown    5:00  View BetTurtle Racecard
13 Dreams Of Winter  7/4
Limerick    7:00  View BetTurtle Racecard
8 Margherita  1/1
Lingfield    8:20  View BetTurtle Racecard
Winning Money With BetTurtle RacecardsWe think our race cards are brilliant (we may be a little bit biased) and we are determined to help everyone that uses BetTurtle to learn their power. Here are a few handy tips to increase your chances of profit.
- If you are using BetTurtle on your mobile, turn your phone to landscape mode to read tables with data more easily.
- On any racecard, click the STATS and FORM buttons to see a wealth of information that can help you further. We highly recommend you look around the many tabs and tables, as this is a 'goldmine' of information to help you find winners. You can sort the tables by clicking the arrow next to the column headings.
- On any racecard, Click the horses name to see details of last 3 runs.
- On any racecard, Click the Form button and click the race date to see the top 3 runners, how the race has worked out and view the racecard.
- Hot trainers and jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) have a high winner strike rate in the past few weeks and should always be considered.
- The racecard Horseshoes help you filter the best horses in the race. In general, too much RED and you should avoid the horse. The exceptions are for horses from Shrewd trainers (Gold Stars next to their name), hot trainers or jockeys (names with RED backgrounds) and horses that have attracted market support (GREEN horseshoe).
- Pay attention to our horseshoe ratings and picks/rankings, as one of our Top 3 Horseshoes wins 64% of all races. Click on the STATS button and select the HORSESHOES tab for a live summary view of the horseshoe picks/rankings based on form, current odds and racecourse vibes. You can follow our live ratings in race card order here during the racing day.
- Watch out for Shrewd Trainers (Gold Stars next to their names), as they are trainers who have a habit of winning at decent odds in certain types of races.
- In the main, avoid cold trainers and jockeys (names with BLUE backgrounds) unless there is market support (GREEN market horseshoe).
- The free tips we provide often win at decent prices and currently have a 28% strike rate. Whilst we would love to help make you a profit, we don't guarantee it and only bet what you can afford. Be wary of our win tips if the market horseshoe is RED.
- Familiarise yourself with the information available under our Pointers menu. This can give you lots of clues to winner finding.
- Use the powerful Horse Search feature. Use the search bar to type in and filter by horse, jockey and trainer name. Use the arrows beside each column header to sort the data. Is is great to find where trainers are sending their horses, what rides jockeys have at a meeting, etc.
- If you want more hints and tips, new BetTurtle feature announcements and some additional tipping info subscribe to our newsletter by filling in your details in the big red box below.
- We really love hearing from our customers. Please mail us with questions, problems, feedback and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for using BetTurtle. We really appreciate your support.